How to become a member
We welcome applications for membership.The Society is open to all painters and three-dimensional artists over the age of eighteen, living, working or studying in the Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham and its neighbouring boroughs. If you would like to be considered for membership please open our Application form: 170115 Membership form, scan and email it to Rowena Vaughan and Patricia Watson (see below), but send no money until you receive confirmation that your application has been accepted.
Alternatively, post the completed form to Membership Secretary, SOFAP, 126 Harbord Street, London SW6 6PH. The membership fee is still only £25 per year (by online payment or cheque made out to SoFAP) and is then payable on January 1st each year by Standing Order.
SoFAP Scholarship: Every year we invite applications from Members to apply for a place on our Scholarship Programme, with a closing date of 31st July. For information: 170420 The SoFAP Scholarship Programme 17 and 170420 Scholar Application Form 17
New Member Induction sessions
We hold regular induction sessions for new members so that you can appreciate the range of benefits on offer, and to help put names to faces. We usually meet at a cafe near the Fulham Library. To be included please contact Patricia Watson.
Benefits of a membership
- Being entitled to exhibit at our twice-yearly Exhibitions
- The quarterly Newsletter (either hard copy or electronically)
- Tutor-led workshops (between 8 and 10 per year)
- Plein Air days in led groups
- Opportunity to sell at Art Markets and Fairs, e.g. Putney, North End Road
- Involvement with other artists on ad hoc activities
- Information and access to other local art group activities through the SoFAP network
- Exhibiting your art works on the Gallery pages of this website
- Information and news about a range of art-related subjects on site, through ad hoc items issued to members
- Having preference when booking the above
- Discounts from a number of local businesses, with membership card, which can result in considerable savings.
For more information or an informal chat, please contact:
We look forward to you joining us.